Friday, March 14, 2008

Spontaneity

As I went through my old pictures for today's Flashback Friday post, I kept coming back to this one. It really isn't an old picture, but I love it. I do think it is an extrememly cute picture. But I mostly love it because of the memory associated, and the one word that sums it all up: spontaneity

Those of you who know me, know that I am a planner, both by profession and by nature. I love order and schedule, and sometimes I'm afraid to do something without significant planning beforehand. So, you can imagine how I felt when on our way home from Sunday dinner at my parent's house a few days before Christmas we drove by this particular lot and Ben decided to turn in. He announced that we were getting out, and I responded by "I'm only wearing slippers. Its almost bedimte. I don't have a coat." He didn't care. I borrowed his coat, and we got out. We had driven by numerous times during the month of December, and noticed that they had a Santa and some real reindeer. It did look like fun. And on this particular night, we were the only people there. Santa was so friendly, and he spent about 15 minutes with my kids. He told them all about the reindeer, and they even got to pet them. It was great fun, and one of my best Christmas memories. It was fun to be spontaneous.


10 comments:

tiburon said...

Fantastic pic! Some of my best memories are from spontaneous adventures. We are so alike! :)

Oceanchild said...

I'm so the same way. I can't stand when Jeff wants to be spontaneous. But it usually turns out really fun (as long as we have diapers on hand) :). Cute picture.

Savage Family said...

Such a great family picture!! I loved it!!

janae said...

I need to be more spontaneous. My husband it TOO spontaneous so I feel like I need to be the planner to compensate. Love the pictures. How often do you get to see real reindeer?

Lindsay said...

I know exactly where this place is! We drive by it every Sunday as well on the way home from my moms. That picture makes me wish we would've stopped now!

And Indigo Girls - Ghost - one of my all time favs...

The Gatherum Family said...

How fun, I think the spontaneous moments of life make some of the very best memories. Your family is so cute...

carrie said...

How fun~!! I love that picture, and you guys look so happy. Memories like that are the best....but I'm with you, I need to be more spontaneous. :o)

Omgirl said...

So cute! I love pictures with happy memories like that.

janae said...

Christie,
It was so fun seeing you at Disney On Ice yesterday! Hope you had fun. My girls had a great time. I'm going to post a Disney On Ice post. But it will probably take me 2 months, the blogger that I am.

Lynita said...

That is an awesome experience! The picture is so cute too! Ryan and I love being spontaneous, but it is sometimes hard to do with kids!