Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

I didn't get any cute Easter pics of my girls today :( And they did look oh-so-cute in their fru-fru Easter dresses. Daddy actually had the day off of work, so we were excited to have the chance to go to church as a family for the first time since December. yahoo. But somehow we were running late, so I decided I'd take pics after church (famous last words, right. Are you sensing the foreshadowing?)

So we got to church a few minutes late, just as they were singing the opening hymn. We were late enough that we ended up sitting in the overflow - the gymnasium area at the back of the chapel. On hard metal chairs where it is really super loud (if you're not getting the foreshadowing now . . .)

The girls were being angels, but about 1/2 way through the service, Bryn decided to spit out an entire package of fruit snacks. Since I was trying to save her fru-fru, dry clean only dress, I caught it all in my hands. It was a sticky mess, and I asked Daddy to hand me a wipe from the bag that he packed. His response to me: "you didn't ask me to pack wipes!!" Hello! Do I have to ask you to pack wipes? Isn't that just a given? I ran out to the car, and luckily found 2 or 3 in my emergency stash. It would be enough to clean up the sticky mess. We'd just have to hope she didn't poop (ok - you've got to be catching on to where this is going by now. Or do I have to mention that we'd had Mexican for dinner the night before . . .)

About this time, Bryn and G decide they both want to play with the Cinderella magnetic paper dolls. G wins out, and Bryn proceeds to throw the mother-of-all-tantrums. It was a bad one, even for her. And the echo from where we were sitting made her screams reverberate throughout the chapel. Everyone was staring. Daddy took her into the hall, which just made her even madder. Everyone in the entire service was disrupted. So, I went out to help. Daddy literally threw her at me and went to sit down with G. But somehow in the mix of things, he'd failed to notice that she had a poo-splosion. A complete diarrhea blowout that as her threw her at me, was now splattered all over my cute white outfit. I took her into the bathroom and tried my best to clean us up with the few resources I had. She wanted nothing to do with it, and proceeded to commence round 2 of the tantrum. Apparently it was disrupting everyone in the service again (this time echoing through the bathroom), so Daddy came to help out. When he saw the poo-covered state of things, we gathered up our stuff and left. We actually ended up needing baths at home.

Needless to say, we didn't get any Easter pics. And we did look so cute. Maybe next year. . .

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck. I hate days like that. I'm so sorry.

Jenny

Chelsea said...

Oh man, those poo-splosions are the worst. And it sucks that it had to happen on Easter!

Lindsay said...

LOL - DANG!! That sucks! It was a good story though, right?

erin said...

That sounds familiar....sorry that you didn't get to stay or get pictures--but mostly that you had to deal with all of that. Fun times!

Kristine said...

Oh my gosh Christie what an awful experience! I think I would have broke down crying in the bathroom! Sorry your day was so hectic! Hopefully your evening was much nicer!

Omgirl said...

Ugh. Isn't that always how it goes? I'm so sorry! If it makes you feel any better, Daphne didn't even get an Easter dress this year with us going out of town. At least you have the memory of those brief moments in their clean dresses!

Anne Marie said...

Oh, that is horrible! I don't blame you for going home. I was on the verge of going home from church myself and nothing like that happened!

BYW, thank you so much for my new favorite food! I made the Costco tortillas tonight and they were so good, I ended up draining the chicken tortilla soup and using it as filling for burritos instead. Yum!

carrie said...

Christie....I'm so SORRY about the dresses and YOUR outfit!! :o) Isn't that the worst?? I'm sure they were beautiful before all that though!! I was laughing while I was reading your post...and I'm sure it wasn't meant to be funny, so I'm sorry!! But believe me, I'm sure we can ALL relate!! Hope the rest of your Easter was FANTASTIC. :o)

Lynita said...

I hate Murpheys law! It always hits on days when you least want it or need it! I am sorry that you guys had a rough time at church, that is the story for us a lot lately. We have church at 12pm, and we are in the nursery. So we not only have to deal with our sleep deprived 2 year old but about 18 others as well! I am also guilty of not getting Easter pictures but at least there were no assplosions! Since when do you not pack wipes Ben!LOL! Totally something Ryan would do!

Jan said...

Rough Sunday for sure - I'm sorry!! I remember those days (only too well, I'm afraid!). This will sound like a really stupid thing to say but there will come a time when remembering this story will make you smile. Promise.

Christie said...

LOL - its actually pretty funny to me already. And hey - I did get a longer Sunday nap out of it all. So its all good!

Kim said...

Oh, Christie! I'm so sorry! I love the term "poo-plosion!" That is SOO funny. What a day! You deserved a longer nap after that eventful Easter Sunday morning. Just take pics next time all your dresses are clean.:) Nobody but you will know they weren't taken precisley on Easter Day!

Hope you are having fun/had fun in Moab!