Thursday, March 20, 2008

No good deed goes unpunished



I made the front page of the local paper today. Its really no biggie - I've been (mis)quoted before. Besides, no one really reads the local paper anyway. I was actually trying to do a coworker a favor. When the reporter called the other day, I took the call for her, as said coworker was trying to avoid a potential conflict with this issue. I didn't think it was a big deal at all.

But, apparently this has turned into a heated political issue. And I just took a call from a news channel who wanted me to do an on-camera interview. Thankfully, we have a policy that only the admin department can authorize those types of interviews. And I'm having a terribly ugly hair day.

5 comments:

tiburon said...

Which paper? I don't take the paper - but I want to read it online!

Christie said...

The articles are pretty boring, but here's a couple of links:

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/259653/17/

http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_8638188

Omgirl said...

1. It cracks me up that the mayor's name is Howard Johnson.
2. I hope you didn't get in trouble! How were you misquoted?

Kim said...

Yikes! I'll have to check it out! I love the title of your post... No kidding "no good deed goes unpunished!" Too funny.... but sorry!

Oceanchild said...

I've been misquoted too many times to count. Sadly it have never been in anything as exciting as the trib.

I can't imagine you with a bad hair day! have a good weekend.