Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Job interview

I had a job interview today. It was for a position that I applied for almost 3 months ago - right after Ben lost his job. My initial motivation in applying for the job was to find something that payed enough for Ben to be able to stay at home with the girls. I honestly went into the interview not expecting much. A developer friend told me last week that this was the worst City he works with. I actually contemplated cancelling the interview.

But I was pleasantly suprised. I really felt at east during the interview, and liked the panel of interviewers. It seemed like a great place to work. I found myself leaving the interview hoping that I would get an offer.

Then I got back to my current job. There has been lots of political turmoil lately, and today was an especially bad day. I've always been happy working there, but today I considered the fact that my position there may be short-lived. And it didn't seem so bad. I know the grass isn't always greener, but it did seem nice today.

Ben is still sick too. He has to go back to work tomorrow, because he's been taking time off without pay. His "job" right now sucks, and I don't think he'd be too disappointed to have to leave.

No comments: