I've never actually done a Thankful Thursday post before. I actually love reading all my blogging friends' posts, but I've never felt compelled to compose one for myself.
But, I'm feeling "blue" today. I came to the realization that my mother's day is gonna SUCK, basically because my husband thinks his own mom is more important than me (but that is a post for another day). And I've got 2 family members who are, as we speak, lying in the hospital critically ill and we're just hoping they both make it through the night. I need to focus on something good. So, without further ado, here are 5 things that I'm grateful for right now.
1. PictSweet Steamers. (I cannot find a picture of these to save my life). These little bags of pure heaven are found in the freezer section - they're a bag of frozen, seasoned veggies that you just pop in the microwave and enjoy. The entire bag is around 150 calories, but it totally fills me up. Great food for weightloss!
2. Spring has sprung. I know that I claim to be a winter-lover - and for the most part I really am - but even I enjoy a warm, sunny day once in a while. Today I was driving around, taking pictures for a presentation I'm making at a public hearing tonight, when I passed by these beautiful pink-blossomed trees. I couldn't help but stop and park right under them. Luckily I had my camera, and I snapped a few shots as I basked in their springy-goodness.
3. The new daycare. I could write a novel about my daycare woes, and someday I do plan to blog about the latest chapter. This is my kids' second week going to my neighbor's house, and I've seen such a difference. No more tears in the morning. No more anxiety. Happy smiles at night. And it costs less.
4. My family. At the risk of sounding trite, My husband and kids are my world. I'm so grateful for them and the happiness they bring. Last night after the girls had their bath, we giggled, laughed, and hugged.
5. My mom (last, but certainly not least). Today is my mom's birthday (and I have to work :( while the rest of my siblings take her to dinner). My mom has always been my best friend. She's the greatest person. She didn't have a very good upbringing. While most people would have used that as an excuse to be an awful person, she drew from that and decided to be the best mother she could. And she really is. She has always been, and still is there for me whenever I need her. Thanks mom!
This goofy pic is of she and I before a 5k we ran last summer. We are both much hotter now - thanks biggest loser contests!