I’ve taken an unintentional blogging hiatus this weekend. I haven’t even thought about blogs, read blogs, etc. So now I’m playing catch up. I seriously have about one million things I want to blog about, so I’m going to try and do a condensed version. Here’s the highlights of my long weekend:
1. The Cure Concert. Friday night, my fellow bloggers Tib and Arianne accompanied me to the Cure Concert. You can read their reviews by clicking on their names. (please don't judge me by how fat I look in that pic either) The concert was great. The Cure was the soundtrack to so much of my teenage life, and I couldn't help but to feel nostalgic most of the night - its funny how so many of their songs "take me back" to old friends, boyfriends, and experiences. And of course the people watching couldn't be beat. There were a lot of middle-aged people like us (normal), and of course there were lots of freaks too. My personal fav was the not-so-skinny (read chubby) girl wearing a skirt so short that it was obvious she was panty-free. Ahhh - good times.
2. Sleeping in! My kids are early risers. Its rare for them to sleep past 7am. But somehow on Monday morning, they both slept until 9am. I haven't slept that long in 4 years. I barely knew what to do with myself. I felt AWESOME all day.
3. Going out to breakfast. Seriously, one of my favorite guilty pleasures in life is going out to breakfast, and letting myself indulge in pancakes, eggs, and hashbrowns. After sleeping until 9am, Ben surprised me by taking us to breakfast. It was so yummy. Thanks hon!
4. Shopping. After breakfast, Ben surprised me again by taking us shopping. I LOVE shopping - love it! The highlight of the trip were the deals I got at TJ Maxx. Bargain shopping is the best. I got a new pair of Michael Kors jeans, a pair of Sevens, and some Keen sandals. Ben also got 2 new pair of designer jeans, and the girls got stuff - and we spent less than we would have on one pair of full-priced Sevens. I'm still smiling.
5. Running. The weather was perfect for running, and I got an over 9 mile run in, and I wasn't even sore the next day.
6. Plane tickets. My mom got tickets for me and the girls to go to Maryland next month. My 86 year old grandfather has been in the hospital most of the month, and is now in a rest home. I'd love for my girls to visit him since I'm assuming he won't be with us much longer. He's never even met Bryn, and I'm so excited to take them for a visit. I hope they get to see fireflies. Thanks mom!
7. Sam's Choice Tropical Trail Mix. I am a big fan of nuts and dried fruit, but I'm allergic to peanuts. And most trail mixes have peanuts. On Friday, I decided to go to the brand new Walmart that just opened in my neighborhood. As a general rule I try to avoid Walmart, but judging by the number of cars in the parking lot, it appeared I was the only person within a 10 mile radius of the store that wasn't there. I was feeling left out, so I decided to check it out. The trip was worth it, because they had fresh sushi and this yummy trail mix (which I apparently should never buy again, after reading this article). Maybe I should extol the virtues of the spring rolls instead?
8. Rain. It rained like crazy this weekend - and I LOVE it. I know I've said this before, but gloomy weather makes me all giddy inside. And this storm was no exception. We had thunder, lightening, and everything associated with it.
9. Brynlee going potty. Yesterday while we were shopping, Brynlee told me twice that she needed to go potty - and she went. One time too, it was actually 10 minutes until we found the restroom, and she held it the whole time. Isn't it great that pee makes me so happy.
10. Swimming. We took the girls swimming yesterday to a really fun indoor pool. I loved that we were able to swim, even though it was cold and rainy outside. And the girls had a blast. The best part was that they both fell asleep in the car on the way home. We put them in their beds, and they both slept all night long! Ben and I had the evening to ourselves. Fun, fun, fun.