Wednesday, December 29, 2004

8 month birthday

Tomorrow Gracelin will be 8 months old. Where has the time gone? It seems like only yesterday she was that tiny, red, skinny thing, that more resembled a baby bird than my daughter. Now she is an active, healthy, and bright girl who is fascinated with the world. She's so curious - I just love to sit and watch her as she learns.

Lately she has been fascinated with her body. She'll sit an watch her hand as she grasps a toy. She will grab her feet, ears, hair, nose, etc almost as a blind person would, exploring every inch. Gracie sits up well, and rocks back and forth like she wants to move but doesn't know how. She watches other babies that are mobile with awe - I don't think she's quite figured out that she could do those things. She has excellend hand/eye coordination, and picks up anything within her reach without effort. She has learned to wave also. Yesterday when I went to get her from day care, she was still in her crib. She had awoken from her nap, but was just quietly laying there not making a sound. When she saw me, she smiled and waved. She gives me hugs and kisses too. Her way of kissing is a bit unconventional. She'll grab your face with both hand, and come at you with her tongue out. Gracie is also a wonderful sleeper. Last night she was so tired - I couldn't get her into bed fast enough. Once I layed her down, she just closed her eyes and never made a sound.

She is such a sweetie.

No comments: