Monday, January 03, 2005

NYE was a bust

The New Year just came and went for me with no fanfare. DH’s cousin plays in a band, and they were performing in a concert for NYE that he wanted to go to. Considering the fact that I could barely breathe as it was (I’m still not better) the last thing that I wanted to do was go and sit in a smoky bar. And because we hadn’t ever finalized any plans, I’d never gotten a baby sitter. So, he went without me. I hung out with my brother, sil, and some other friends. We all had kids, including 2 other babies. We played Trivial Pursuit and then watched Napoleon Dynamite. Someone noticed during the movie that midnight had passed – I didn’t even get a kiss! Its so funny how my life has changed with the baby. I’m so not into dressing up and partying like I once did. I think a lot of it has to do with my chubby mom body. I think I’d feel more like doing that stuff if I looked better.

I did have fun on New Year’s Day. My mom, my sister, and I went shopping to the Factory Stores in Park City. There were so many deals on baby clothes, and the stores weren’t crowded at all. I spent less than $100, and got her about 10 outfits at Baby Gap and Children’s Place. Of course she won’t be wearing most of them until next winter! I suppose it doesn’t hurt to plan ahead.

DH and I have been talking a lot about when to TTC #2. Initially I wanted to start around December/January so that they would be at least 18 months apart. Well – that is NOW! And I have no desire to TTC. G is a great baby, I just feel like she deserves more of my time. I barely have time with her as it is. During the week, I see her for about an hour a day. I don’t want to have to share my time with her and another one. I’d really like to be able to stay home when I have #2, and we still aren’t there yet. Day care for 2 would be over $1,000 a month! That’s more than my house payment! Now, I’m thinking that TTC#2 this time next year is a better plan. That gives me time to work on my weight loss goals as well. I’d like to drop 20 pounds before I get pregnant. Maybe by then DH will have gotten a promotion too.

I’m thinking that weaning is coming soon. She is getting more interested in solids and gets really distracted nursing. Lately, she is too impatient to wait for letdown and I’ve had to resort to bottles of EBM. And, she has started biting. Twice in the past week she has drawn blood. I’m sad to think that my days of nursing may be numbered. I was hoping to go for a year. She is over 8 months old, and I have at least enough of a frozen stash to get me until around the middle of February. I have done great though, and I shouldn’t feel badly about my efforts.

I have another doctor’s appointment for myself this afternoon. I was in last week for a sinus infection and bronchitis, but I’m wondering now if I don’t have pneumonia. I’ve been on the antibiotic for a week and still feel like crap. I just want to rest, but I can’t. I can’t miss work, and when I’m home there’s no chance of relaxing. I’m so behind on my housework and laundry. I probably shouldn’t admit this, but I have about 6 loads of clean laundry to put away. I have been putting it into G’s PNP, and it is nearly FULL! DH commented that I have upgraded to the “JUMBO” size laundry basket! LOL

No comments: