Monday, December 13, 2004

Debt

I hate being in debt. It is an all-consuming feeling - like I am ready to be swallowed under in shark-infested waters. My husband and I have been trying so hard to pay off our debts so that I can one day stay home with my baby girl. It just seems like there is always something standing in our way. Like our car - our piece-o-crap Saab that we paid $1000 for. Granted, it was a low price for such a car, but it was still too much. We have probably put 3x that much back into the car, and we've only owned it for 6 months. Just today we had another $460 repair - after a $500 repair last week. Just when it feels like we may be getting ahead, we have to pay more for that stupid car.

So, we decided today that we are going to trade it in and see what we can get out of it. I hate having to go further into debt for another car, but we do need something reliable to get to work. It isn't feasible for us to share a car, and we live too far away from public transportation for that to be an option.


No comments: