1. My hubby got a new job. Actually, he got his old job back, but its still a great thing. Last year, he quit a good job for the promise of a better job. Unfortunately, the better job closed its doors a short 3 months after he was hired. Its been a difficult year since then, but his old boss hired him back - with great benefits and an even better salary!
2. Rain! The weather has been fantastic this week: highs in the 70s, lows in the 50s, and rain! I can't stop smiling. And my yard looks fantastic.
3. America. I couldn't let the anniversary of 9/11 pass without recognition. I so vividly remember that day, 7 years ago. I had only been home from my honeymoon for 3 weeks - we took a cruise, and sat next to a couple from New York City. He was a fireman, and she a police officer. I still think of them, and wonder how they fared that day - I don't remember their names. But I am so grateful for those who have sacrificed to make this such a great country. When I think about all the poverty and suffering in the world, I am humbled to think how blessed I am to be lived where I do.
4. My feet. That may seem like a silly thing to be grateful for, but I am. I've been having some pain in my left foot that has limited my running in the past month (and left me wondering still if I'll run the marathon next week). But I'm grateful that I can run, even if just a little bit.
5. Slobbery kisses from my kids - needs no explanation