Saturday, April 02, 2011

Catch of the day

A quick craft I threw together on Saturday as a thank-you gift to my dad. And because he's been diagnosed with cancer - he's going in for surgery this week, and he loves this picture. Every summer he takes my girls fishing, and this picture from last year was his favorite. He'd been asking me to blow it up, but I'd taken it on my cell phone, which was lost shortly after the picture was taken. Only recently did I remember that I'd sent it to my computer. I had though it was gone forever.

Materials needed:

A wooden frame
Mod Podge
Scrapbook paper
Paper cutter
Acrylic paint
Sand paper
The finished product:
I chalked around the edges after I sanded for an even more worn look. If I hadn't been making this for a grandpa, there definitely would be some type of ribbon or other embellishment. I don't love the "gone fishing" in the corner, but he did. And that is all that counts.

No comments: