Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Wednesday = hump day

Get your minds out of the gutters people.  I'm not talking about *THAT*.  Wednesday is the middle of the week:  after today, its all downhill.  For me, this not only applies to the work week.  My couch to 5k running plan is only a 3 day workout.  After Wednesday's workout, I only have one more for the week.
 
Good thing too!  Today just about killed me off.  I'm not sure why either.  I woke up with a terribly sore throat (you know the kind where you can barely swallow your own saliva without cringing?) so maybe I'm getting sick or something.  At any rate, I could barely finish.  By the end of my second running block I nearly died.  I had to cut back to 4.5 mph, which is barely running.  But, technically, I finished.  My last run for the week is a full 20 minute run without stopping.  Its been a long time - years - since I've run a full 20 minutes at once.  Maybe Friday's workout will kill me.  I need to remember though that my focus right now is time.  Not speed.  Not distance.  So I suppose if I have to run at a 4.5 mph pace (which really is BARELY running) at least I AM running.  Right?  And if I do have to repeat a week, so be it.  At least I'm trying.

While I'm here, I'll update on my sugar fast.  Day 3 and I still haven't cheated.  I almost caved last night.  After a particularly stressful day and a bad migraine, my hubby asked me to meet him at Chili's for dinner.  I just had a salad, but he wanted dessert:  Chocolate Molten Cake.  Chocolate is practically medicine for a hormonal, stressed-out woman.  It took all my will power to watch him eat it.  I went home and had ? cup of my no sugar added ice cream (only 120 calories).  So, 3 days down, 17 to go!

No comments: