Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Not all mornings are good

I actually went to bed at 9:30 pm last night, and Bryn slept through, with no night wakings.  That meant I got almost 7 full hours of uninterrupted sleep.  I should have felt good and rested - right?  Then why do I feel so horrible?

My run this morning was utter crap.  I actually started out feeling strong, but after about 7 minutes I started feeling really light-headed and sick.  So, I walked 2 minutes and then tried to run again.  I only made it about 2 minutes again before I started feeling pretty sick.  So, I would walk a bit, run a bit.  I did manage to do 2.12 miles in 30 minutes, so all was not lost.  And I do know that there are going to be bad runs occasionally.  It just sucked.  I entered my info into the nifty tracking software at CoolRunnings.com, and my pace was slower than it has been for 3 weeks. 
 
Oh - and I've gained 2 pounds since Monday.
 
Then, on the way to work, I started getting a migraine aura.  It was dark and rainy, so the glare from the lights was bad.  Between that and the flashing, I'm lucky we made it safely.  Usually I can avoid a headache if I can take some meds right when the aura starts, but since I didn't have anything in the car, I had a headache before I even got to work.  So, here I sit, trying to function.  I have a 4 hour meeting that starts in an hour.  I have to be better - I'm taking the minutes.  This is my second migraine in the past 2 weeks - I wonder what has been causing them.  They are definitely increasing in frequency, and its affecting my ability to function on the days I get them.  Strangely too, I seem to get them from looking at bright lights.  Does that even make sense?
 
Poor Bryn's not doing well either.  She's got a terrible stuffy nose and cough.  I can tell she feels utterly miserable, yet there's nothing I can do for her.  Her fever is finally gone though, so I don't think she's got an infection anywhere.  I have been debating taking her to the doctor today, as we're leaving in the morning for a long weekend trip down south.  I really want her to feel better for our trip.  If not, it may end up not being so fun.
 
Sorry I sound like such a bitch today.  I wish I could just go back to bed.

No comments: