Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I love my husband

In all fairness to him, after that really awful post about him a few weeks ago, I had better let the "cyber community" know what a good man he is. Things had escallated last week, and got pretty ugly between us. Then something bad happened: we got a call that my brother was in a coma and the doctors didn't know if he was going to wake up. That was sort of a "wake up call" for Ben and I. I kept thinking what if something happened, and I was left feeling that my last words to my husband had been ugly.

So, we had a long talk on Thursday. A really long talk. At the end of it all, my head hurt but I couldn't sleep. I was worried things were going to get worse after that. But, they've been so wonderful ever since. Ben has been trying so hard, and so have I.

On Sunday at church, the speaker talked about why parents love their children: its because they are constantly serving them. Out of service comes love. Although we didn't discuss it with each other, both Ben and I have been trying to apply that same principle to our marriage.

Yesterday I came home from work to find a yummy dinner prepared. Ben had gotten the recipe to my favorite dressing from Cafe Rio, and he made delicious taco salads. Even Gracelin scarfed hers up. Then, he helped get everything cleaned up. After the kids were in bed and the house straightened, he made the effort to try some foreplay (instead of his typical "hey baby lets go in the bedroom and get it on"). We had lots of kinky fun in the bedroom. It was a great day.

I am blessed to have a husband that loves me and wants me to be happy. I don't think most men would try as hard as he does, and I'm grateful.

No comments: