Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Can you die from being tired?

I love my girls, but they’re going to be the death of me. If a person can die of fatigue that is. Just this weekend, Ben and I were reminiscing about the “good old days” when we could sleep until noon. Now, I’m grateful to stay in bed until 7am. To make matters worse, Bryn has been sleeping like crap. Last night she was awake 5 times in the night. I can’t figure it out – she’s been sleeping through the night for 4 months now. This is worse than when she was newborn.

I love her though. She’s so physical. This morning she crawled 2 “steps”. I’m pretty sure within a week or 2 she’s going to be all over the house. She loves to squeal and rock back and forth – and she’s big and really strong. She also loves people, and is a social butterfly. Yesterday we had people over for dinner, and she wanted to sit in her highchair up to the table so she could be a part of it all. We were at the zoo yesterday too, and she learned to clap while we were at the bird show. She also loves food and food and more food. She didn’t get to be 18 pounds by accident. Even that yucky rice cereal will elicit such squeals of delight and foot kicking that it makes the whole family laugh.

Bryn and her sister already have such a bond. No one can make her laugh like Gracelin does. Sunday night G was playing peek-a-boo with Bryn, and she was laughing so hard she got the hiccoughs. She thinks her sister is hilarious. In fact, all we have to do is tell G to make her sister laugh – and she simply says “ha ha” and Bryn will giggle.

It just seems like she’s growing up really fast (much faster than her sister did), and while I’m excited to think that maybe sometime in the next 3 or 4 years I’ll actually get caught up on my sleep, I’m already missing my little baby.

No comments: