Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Why is chubby cute for a baby?

My baby is so wonderfully chubby. She has the cutest, most kissable rolls. These rolls are everywhere, including her neck, arms, and knees. Amazingly, since having her, I have similar rolls. Unfortunately, mine aren't quite so kissable (in fact, they are downright UNkissable!) What's a mom to do? I have lots of excuses for why my baby is 5 months old, and I am still 25 pounds above where I should be. Let me list a few:

1. I am a working mom. After getting myself and baby up at 5am for me to be at work by 7am, then coming home at 6pm, then cooking dinner, feeding DH and baby, cleaning up, bathing baby, packing the bag for day care the next day, making bottles, etc (I could go on) I am too tired to exercise.

2. I am a nursing mom. Believe it or not, I have acutally attempted to cut calories in the hopes of shedding poundage. However, I have noticed a direct relationship between the amount of calories consumed and the ounces of milk that I am able to pump (I am sure there is a mathematical formula for this). Besides that, I am so freakin' hungry all of the time! No joke. I think this may have something to do with prolactin . . .

3. I have terrible genes. Not to blame my parents or anything, but this is completely their fault.

4. I am almost 30 (next week) and my metabolism is shot all to hell (no further explanation required)

5. I am lazy and lack any willpower. In all honesty, this is the reason that I am still fat. 'nuff said.

I do have goals that I hope to one day attain. Currently I am 5'8" and weigh 165. My BMI is 25.1, which classifies me as overweight (but thankfully, not obese). My goal weight is 140 - a distant 25 pounds away. Yesterday I dug through my closet, trying to find something to wear amidst my size 6s and 8s. Needless to say, it is depressing.

One day, I may be the skinny little hottie I once was. But for now, I will have to settle for being "fluffy"

No comments: