Monday, December 03, 2007

Puke:1 poop:2 boogers: 4

That was the official tally last night of how much of each I'd had on my hands in the past 24 hours. Needless to say, it hadn't been a good day for my kids. (or their mommy)

G's really sick. She's got some weird gastro thing. Yesterday she woke from her nap saying she was sick. We were on our way to my mom's house, when she puked all over herself - which isn't necessarily weird in itself, other than the fact that her vomit contained undigested food from the night before. And it smelled like sulfury poo. We continued onto G'mas, and cleaned her up there. She seemed fine: no fever, ate 2 pieces of toast, and ran around for hours. Then she woke at 1am puking and pooping at the same time - and the weird part about it is that her vomit and diahrrea look and smell exactly the same. And she has no fever. After her 1am incident, she felt fine. Daddy held her while I ran to the C-store for some soda. As I drove over there, the radio was playing that stupid Hawaiian Christmas song, and all I could think on the way over was how I'd just uped my tally: poop and vomit may just edge out the boogers before the night was over. She and I wat up, watched a movie, drank some Sprite and went to bed. Then the entire incident repeated itself again at 5am. The part that is so concerning to me, is that she has no fever and that her excretions smell so strange. Have any of you ever experienced similar symptoms?

At any rate, I'm one tired mommy. Bryn also woke twice in the night. UGH

Sorry for the disjointed post. Bryn's awake in her bed now, singing "la la la". Hope she's not sick today.

4 comments:

Jan said...

No insights on the puking -- but lots of sympathy! ! Hopefully it will be over soon!

Jess T said...

Yucko. :( Sorry.

The Gatherum Family said...

ewww, you have my truest sympathy...have i said that i'm glad you are back to posting??? :)

Maddy said...

Seems as if everyone is down with the plague at the moment. Wish you all better soon.
Cheers