After reading Tiburon’s “favorite things” list, and Chelsea’s “things I hate” list, I’ve decided to compile myself 2 lists in one post. First of all, my favorite things:
1. My sweet girls. How I got so lucky to be their mommy, I will never know. But I count my blessings every day.
2. My flat iron. Ben surprised me by buying it for me after I’d gone to the salon and felt beautiful. Not that I can create that same look for myself, but the flat iron helps a lot.
3. DVR. I have never been much of a TV watcher. In fact, when Ben insisted we get a DVR earlier this year, I was very much against it. Now I don’t think I could live without it. I record several shows, and watch them while I run. I get to fast-forward the commercials, and watch them when I have time.
4. My treadmill. We purchased it in the spring, and while it was probably a bit too expensive, I consider it an investment in my health. Now I can run when I want, whether Ben is home or not, in the basement, day or night, rain or shine.
5. Steep and Cheap dot com. I hesitate posting this one, because I consider it my little secret. It is a seriously addictive website that only posts one item for sale at a time. But in the past year I’ve been able to purchase my trail running shoes, ski parka, climbing harness, and countless other items at ridiculously low prices. And since they’re local, I can pick the items up and save on shipping.
6. Café Rio. I could eat there every day. Great food. Cheap prices. And my kids LOVE it there too.
7. My car. I’ve never been a car person – until we got the MDX. When the Chev broke down for the umpteenth time this summer, I told Ben to trade it in and bring me something reliable. He brought home the MDX. I’ll have to admit that I never thought I needed navigation, heated seats, a DVD player, and Bose sound, but it would sure be hard to live without them now.
8. Outdoors/nature. I don’t spend enough time outside – I love the mountains especially.
9. Dee’s Cereal. Love the stuff. I eat a bowl every morning. It is healthy, filling, and keeps me regular. ‘nuff said.
10. Running. I just became a runner this year. Prior to C25k, I couldn’t even run a mile. Now I’m the proud (slow) finisher of one marathon, and I’m planning what races to run in ’08.
Now for the things I hate (this list was much more difficult to compile):
1. Errant apostrophe use. I know I posted an entry about this about a month ago, but apparently not enough people read my blog. It really isn’t “that” difficult to understand the difference between plural and possessive. When in doubt, Google it!
2. Crappy bras. Ever since I weaned Bryn, I’ve had a difficult time finding a bra that fits. I’m not even sure what size I am. Perhaps I need to take Oprah’s advice and get fitted.
3. Laundry. I could wash and put away a load every day, and still be behind. It’s a thankless job.
4. Crumbs on my kitchen floor. I swiffer after every meal, and still my floor is dirty. Another thankless job.
5. McDonalds. Why the heck do my kids love this place so much? The restaurant is dirty inside and the food is nasty.
6. Money. I suppose that technically I like money, but I hate that I feel like we never have enough of it. I hate that it seems like I cannot work hard enough to get ahead. I despise that we have to spend so much of our income to live in an average home. I cringe when I fill up my car and spend $3.00+ a gallon.
7. Winnie the Pooh. What the heck is a pooh anyway? Didn’t like him as a kid, and I cannot stand him now.
8. Judgmental people. I guess I’m a bit sensitive, but I’m sick of disapproving attitudes. I could probably spend an entire post on this subject alone, but I think I leave my comments for now.
9. Fat. I love my kids, but I hate my jiggley, post-baby body. I don’t know that my poor stomach can ever recover from a 9+ pound baby – oh the stretch marks.
10. Bad drivers – especially people who think its ok to hit-and-run. Seriously hate.