Monday, July 31, 2006

Deleloping a fear of the dark

In my younger years I loved the dark. Don't get me wrong, I had plenty of nights when I slept with the light on after reading Stephen King into the wee hours. But, as a young adult I loved being outside in the cover of darkness. I loved the comfortable feel of it. It isn't as if I was (usually) out being mischevious. I just liked being outside in the dark.

Lately though, I've develped a fear of the dark. The dark is where bad people live - people who may want to harm my babies. I feel unsafe being out at night - even if its just to run over to the clubhouse to workout. I don't like how it makes me feel.

Its funny what becomming a mommy has done to me. I worry about the silliest things. I mean, what are the chances that something is going to happen in my safe, white bread community?

1 comment:

Stina said...

I totally know what you mean... Ever since Lochlan was born I've been terrified of dying and I never felt that way before. I'm careful about everything cause I don't want to fall down the stairs or crash my car or anything like that. It's a little unnerving to be scared like that isn't it? TTYL-Kristina