Thursday, February 15, 2007

Running update

I wanted to quickly update my running for yesterday. I've got my system
down, and was up and out of the house in just a couple of minutes.
After my short 3 minute warm-up I started running. Really, I should
probably say its a jog, because there isn't much speed to what I do.
But, I forgot to stop. This week I'm on the 2 minute run/2 minute walk
cycle. But twice, I forgot to stop running after 2 minutes. Each time
I probably went about 5 or 6 minutes before stopping. Really, I could
have kept running, but I am forcing myself not to skip ahead in the
program. Its a good thing too. Yesterday for the first time, I felt
it. My foot (that I've been having some problems with for quite awhile)
was very sore. I think what I have is plantar fascitis, but I'm not
sure. But it was sore, which in turn made my shin sore and even my knee
was stiff. I think I was maybe not running completely flat-footed
because of the pain in my arch.

I am doing well though. I know its only been 3 weeks, but I notice a
huge difference. Not so much in my physical appearance, but I do feel
stronger already. And even though I get up at 4:30 am to run, on those
days I have more energy and feel better than the days I sleep in (if you
can call 5:15 sleeping in). I also feel better mentally about my body.
I feel sexier and I like my body better. Its amazing what endorphins
can do for the psyche.

No comments: