Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Down another pound

I'm only 28 pounds away from my ideal weight. It sounds so close, but I know its still so far away. :) Its funny how once I started liking my body, and concentrating on my fitness level, things started to turn around. I feel great. And even though I'm only down 3 pounds in 3 weeks, I feel sexier and I swear my belly is smaller.

I'm doing really well on my running plan too. Last night I ran on the treadmill. I usually run outside, but there was too much snow yesterday so I hit the gym. It had been about 10 days since I'd run on the treadmill, and I noticed a difference in how well I ran since then. I did a running then walking interval for 90 seconds, then a running/walking interval for 3 minutes. This week on the C25k plan, I was only supposed to go for 20 minutes, but I went for a full 30. I felt really well, but Ben scolded me when I got home. The rules clearly state not to push your body to do more than the workout specifies. But, I really didn't feel like I was pushing my body too much. And I feel great today. Besides, its not like I'm super speedy anyway. In 30 minutes, I barely made 2 miles. I don't think it hurt me to do that extra 10 minutes.

No comments: