Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Latest development in my exercise plan . . .

We got a treadmill!  I'm really excited about it too.  We've been wanting to get one for awhile now, but I get serious anxiety about spending that amount of money.  But, we saw one at Costco a few days ago that was a really good deal and it met all of our specifications.  When I say "our" specifications, I mean Ben's specifications of course.  LOL  He needs one that can handle a larger weight limit with at least 3.0 hp.  This one met those requirements, as well has having a built-in flat screen TV and fan.  Whoo hoo (note EXTREME sarcasm - are we so lazy that the only way we can exercise is with a TV in our face?)  Anyway . . . we didn't buy the treadmill the day we saw it.  Instead we went home, tried to find it on epinions.com and consumer reports, but with no luck.  I just did a Google search for the model, and found some mixed reviews.  But still, the price was almost 75% off, so Ben went back to Costco to b uy it.  When he got there though, he found the units had all sold in 3 days and there were none to be found.  Dejected, he decided to come home empty-handed.  But then, almost like a miracle, a store worker emerged from the depths of the storage room with one more.
 
After quite a struggle bringing the 400+ pound beast into our basement, its all set up.  I ran on it yesterday morning, and I really like it.  Its so nice to not have to venture outside at 4:30 am - especially on days like yesterday when there was a couple of inches of fresh snow.
 
I have still been 100% faithful with my workouts, although this chest cold is still kicking my butt.  But, I do feel stronger and healthier.  And my fitness level has improved.  I only think I've lost 3 pounds, but I'm getting compliments from people so I know I'm toning up.  If only I could get rid of my jiggle-belly.

No comments: