Wednesday, November 24, 2004

What I'm thankful for

I remember Thanksgiving last year so clearly. In the midst of morning sickness, my one goal was to eat dinner without puking. While I didn't eat much, I was able to keep it down. After dinner I was relaxing in a recliner at my parents' house, and I felt the baby move for the first time. It was really more of a quick flutter, but it was amazing. And it confirmed my gratitude for the new little one inside of me.

A year has passed, and so much has changed. I have been through pregnancy, birth, and the first 7 months of my child's life. But much remains the same - what I am truly grateful for remains the same.

My little girl is amazing. I love her more every day. Some days, I can barely put her down. I just want to gobble up her sweetness. She is sitting now, and just learning to feed herself (baby food that more resembles Meow Mix than human food). Her happiness seems to radiate - rarely is she without a smile.

My husband is wonderful too. He tries so hard to make me happy, and he loves me and Gracie so much. I don't think I could be anymore blessed.

No comments: