Thursday, June 07, 2007

Struggling a bit

My diet and exercise routine has suffered a bit the last couple of weeks.  I had been doing really well until 2 weekends ago, when I went to Moab.  I got really sick while I was down there - kind of a gastric, painful, strange illness.  I'm still not sure what I had.  But it took me several days to feel better.  I tried to run through it, but my running suffered.  And most foods made me really nauseated, so I was kind of eating whatever I could stomach.  I did end up running 14 miles last week, including a long run of 6 miles.  So it wasn't a hopeless week.
 
But since then, running has been less fun.  I have been unable to drag myself out of bed in the mornings, so I've been trying to slog through it at night.  That may be part of the problem - I hate running at night, when I'm tired from the day and have 1 million other things that I should be doing.  And, since my hubby has been gone every night this week, I'm on total kid duty.  That just adds to the stress.
 
I've only done 4.5 miles so far this whole week.  Monday I tried to run before G went to bed.  I had 4 on the schedule, but only did 2.25 because she was trying to run on the TM with me.  So I figured I'd do 4 Tuesday night after G went to bed.  Well, I fell asleep accidentally with her, and didn't wake up until 11:15 when DH came home.  It was too late to run.  Then yesterday, I gave blood at lunch time.  I had still planned to do my 4 last night, but barely got 2.25.  I hadn't given blood in quite awhile, and had forgotten the whole "don't exercise on the day you give blood" thing.  I just about died last night.
 
So, I've still got about 10 miles to complete in just 2 days of running.  I wasn't supposed to do a long run this week (doing the 2 steps forward, 1 step back training program).  But, I think I'll have to do one long run this weekend to get it all in.
 
{{SIGH}}

I hope I get some of my motivation back.

My diet has suffered as well.  Lately I feel like I'm constantly hungry and always craving food.  I haven't been too good about staving off the cravings, and I've given in a bit.
 
In fact, I haven't lost a pound in close to 3 weeks.  I'm stuck at 160, and so badly want to see the next lowest decade of weight.  Well - I supposed if I really wanted it badly, I'd be working harder.  Right?

No comments: