Sunday, March 27, 2011

Another refashion

Another clothing refashion attempt. I actually made this a couple of weeks ago, but am only now getting to posting it. I'm pretty proud of myself, and every time I've worn it (three times . . . but who's counting??) I get tons of compliments.


I started with an old short-sleeved cardigan and old tank top. There really wasn't anything wrong with either of them, other than the fact that I have a difficult time keeping my whites white. For some reason, they turn gray very quickly, and then I have a closet full of dingy whites. So, for $3, I bought some green fabric dye and thought I'd see if I could make something that I'd actually wear.





Into the water the dye goes - there's no turning back at this point . . .









Somehow I neglected to take a picture of the after - nice green tank and cardy. I cut the tank into 3-inch strips, and then gathered them. Then, I pinned them to the cardy, and sewed them on. I neglected to take a picture of the after of the ruffles, but they were too big and heavy - so I stitched them down a second time, about 1-inch in. The effect was perfect!



This picture does not do it justice. I'll have to find a photographer to take a picture of me wearing it. I LOVE it, and although its not perfect, I'm happy with the outcome.

Up next - turning another formerly favorite white shirt into a cute spring blue top.

I know there are some other bloggers out there who turn up their noses at clothing refashions, but its ok with me. I like updating my wardrobe without having to spend a fortune. Besides, its fun to have some clothing that is unique, and doesn't look like what everyone else is wearing.

No comments: