Sunday, February 27, 2011

I've never sewed before in my life - unless you count a couple of quick projects with my mom when I was younger. Years ago (probably about 20) my dad gave me a sewing machine. Until last week, it had been sitting in my basement gathering dust. For some reason, I decided to bring it out, dust it off, and try making something.

I'll be honest, I didn't have high hopes. In fact, I was expecting to fail. But, Hobby Lobby had fabric on sale, and for an investment of only $16, I decided to give it a try.

I found an online tutorial, with step-by-step instructions (including pictures - think Pioneer Woman cooks for sewing), that made it seem not too difficult. I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I even had enough material for some matchy-matchy headbands.



3 comments:

Omgirl said...

I am VERY impressed. As a fellow mostly-non-sewer, I applaud you for doing it!

Lynita said...

Wow those look amazing! I wish I had a sewing machine!

Megan said...

I LOVE them! You are quite impressive.