Tuesday, February 22, 2005

My aversion to "Pooh"

Personally, I hate all Disney Characters. I have never really liked Disney movies, but I especially hate the little reproductions from the movies. On the top of my all-time hate list, is Winnie the Pooh. Even as a child, I despised Pooh. (I mean, what the hell is a “pooh” anyway, and where are his pants?) But, now that I am an adult, my Pooh hate is rooted deep. It especially bugs me that retailers put his face on perfectly good clothing. I hate it so much, that the Pooh outfits I got at showers either went back to the store or are still hanging in the closet! That being said . . .

I also got a Pooh toy at a shower. It is a stuffed Winnie sitting on a green Heffalump who is also a rocking horse. When you squeeze the Heffalump’s trunk it plays a selection of children’s songs while moving forward with a rocking motion. This toy has sat on Gracelin’s shelf since the shower I got it as a gift. But, DH decided this week that G needed to play with it. She was sitting on the floor as he pulled it off the shelf. Her eyes lit up. She could barely contain the squeals as DH took it out of the box. And then, as he put it on the floor and squeezed the trunk, she started clapping wildly – she was so excited. Guess what her new favorite toy is!

Doesn’t she know that the hated of Pooh is in her genes?

Ugh!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Hi Christie! I had to laugh when I read this entry, because I hate Pooh too! I don't know what it is, but it is definitely strong enough to call it hatred. :) People think I'm crazy when I reveal this, so I'm glad I'm not the only one.