Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Who peed in my wheaties?



Ok - I know that phrase is meant for being in a bad mood, and I'm really not in a bad mood. But I wanted to post that picture. I think it is hilarious (if someone is really offended I'll take it down - just let me know). But check out his right hand - did you notice that he's flippin-the-bird at first glance? I'll bet not - you were too distracted by the poor kid's nether-regions, huh?

I've been a bit distracted lately too. Maybe scatter-brained is a better term. Like yesterday for example: I took the entire day off (I had to - it was a floating holiday that I would either "use or lose") and had plans to "get caught up on things". But first, I opted for a nap - and 3 hours later, I woke up only because the phone rang. It was Ben calling, and he wanted to know if he had woken me up. Ha ha. I decided to go on a run. My long run for the week is 10 miles, and I was hoping to get it out of the way on Monday. But I cut things short because my achille's tendon was bothering me. I'm only 3 weeks from the 1/2 marathon, and I didn't want to risk injury. So, I had the rest of the day to clean the house, but I just wandered around trying to decide what to do. Had I just picked a room and gotten started, I would have made progress. Instead, I got a little bit of something accomplished in every room. And then I took another nap. At least I got caught up on my sleep.

And speaking of sleep, I need a vacation. Tiburon posted a great link on her blog showing a map of the US and all the states she'd been too. Following her lead, here's my map:



create your own personalized map of the USA
or check out ourCalifornia travel guide

Apparently I've only been to 75% of the states - I've got some travelling to do. Maybe to New England - I think I'd really like it there. I've also never been to Hawaii. Anyone wanna take a trip with me?

I've also been too distracted to post a meaningful post. I totally bombed on the Day in the Life I'd wanted to do. And I totally had a post yesterday in honor of St Patrick's Day complete with pics of my shamrock tatoo that I got in my 20s (I'm not kidding peeps - I'm 1/4 Irish). But those posts are saddly sitting in cyberspace, just waiting to be posted.

So, there is my distracted, meaningless post for the day. Coming soon though: American Idol recap. I'm not excited for more of the Beatles' stuff, but I'll watch anyway. What can I say?

7 comments:

jillofalltrades said...

Christie - Everyone needs a day like that once in awhile. Glad you got caught up on your sleep and hope your sore tendon heals up!

Julia said...

That kid could totally be mine...no pants and flipping ppl off.

I do the same thing...wander around the house just picking up things here and there when I can't really decide what to work on.

I'm glad you got caught up on sleep. I'm dying for a nap.

I'm excited for more Beatles. better than Barry Manilow. My DVR is sad when there is no idol on.

I want to see your tattoo

Lindsay said...

I get what you mean on being distracted...

Lynita said...

I have been so distracted lately too! I love the pic, I can't wait to show Ryan! LOL!

Tiburon said...

I LOVE THAT PIC! I just about peed when I saw it! :)

Omgirl said...

I'm TOTALLY up for Hawaii. We can get a timeshare condo there. Let's say October?

jennie w. said...

That picture is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! Hilarious!